I've been terribly behind on my posts! Anyhoo...I see that I've been tagged in a round about way from my fellow M:A ladies.
So without further ado, my Christmas antics:
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. Beautiful but definitely a chore to do.
2. Real tree or artificial? Both. A real one in the family room -a big Fraser Fir. Fake in the living room -small 4' white one from target. :)
3. When do you put up the tree? The first or second weekend of December. As we are going to Disney World this weekend (yay!), it will go up on the second weekend.
4. When do you take the tree down? Hmm...when it turns brown and the needles are all but gone. I know, I know...
5. What do you do with your tree after you take it down? Kick it to the curb, try to hide the needle evidence. And LOL, Rachel, I've given up on the box long ago. Into the attic the fake one goes.
6. Favourite gift ever received as a child? Tie between a large wooden doll house, complete with furniture, and a remote control car!
7. Hardest person to buy for? My dad. He usually asks for one or two things (which are always horrible) and there are four of us! Hello four yellow ties.
8. Easiest person to buy for? My sister, Karina -we have the same taste!
9. Do you have a nativity scene? When I was little. My kids wouldn't even know what to make of one now.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Both. I admit to being really bad with cards in general.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? My grandmother always sent us black tube socks for Christmas. :-P Into the fire they went. Not really. Mom always rescued them just in time.
12. Favourite Christmas movie? A Christmas Story
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Total last minute shopper here. You'll see me scrambling on the 24th!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Does giving to Toys for Tots count? Now as for receiving recycled gifts...grr...
15. Favourite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies.
16. Lights on the tree? The more the better!
17. Favourite Christmas carol? Tie between Bing's White Christmas and Cole's Christmas Song.
18. Travel at Christmas? A twenty minute drive to my sister's house -when it isn't my turn to host.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Of course! Sheesh! :)
20. Angel on the tree top or star? Rotation. Angle, star, and that pointy thing, which I have no idea what it's called but looks like the top of the St. Petersburg Cathedral.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We follow Norwegian tradition; open presents from family and friends on Christmas Eve and then a big present from Santa on Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? I'll ditto Rachel's observation. (g) Oh, and Christmas nay sayers...yes, I get it, we are all horrible materialistic, blah, blah, blah...
23. Favourite ornament theme or colour? Old fashioned Christmas toy ornaments, red, green, and gold, in the family room; white, silver, and gold in the living room.
24. Favourite for Christmas dinner? Norwegian meatballs (NOT Swedish -grrr) and scalloped potatoes.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?A pro style digital camera so, you know, I can actually get a good picture of my fast moving kids. Sigh. But I'm not holding my breath with the economy being what it is.
You read queries all day, right?
4 hours ago